Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pieces of Pottery


Hello, this is Peter telling you what we did at the dig site! On December the second I found an artifact that looked a lot like a shard of pottery. This piece had a lot of strange markings on it. Then, when I was digging one day on December 4th, I hit something hard! I then used a smaller shovel and started to get more of the cracked pieces that I found two days ago! There was a total of 12 pieces found! I hit a Jackpot! The square I was working in got very crowded because everyone wanted to see the pieces. The artifacts managers then started to put together the pieces everyday and I had a feeling in my gut that still there were some missing pieces. Then, Austin, on December 9th found another piece of the pottery. When the artifacts managers put the bottom of the vase together, it had modern time names of people I know! Mr. Barton explained to us that last year he told his students to make a vase and to paint it so it would look ancient. He then told us that when they were done painting, he used a hammer to smash it into pieces. Before I knew this I could have concluded that if this was a real artifact, that someone must have dropped it in the specific area I was digging in. I came to this conclusion (before Mr. Barton told us it was unreal) because most of, or all of the pieces were in the area I was digging. Wish you luck at the dig site!
Posted By Peter

No comments: